[Buddha-l] H.H. The Dalai Lama on Stone and Karma

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Sat Jun 14 11:07:50 MDT 2008

Thanks, Doc, for the short and clear differentiation and isolation of
the pop version of karma. I was in the middle of struggling with my
periodic rant: karma is impossible to predict or evaluate and is
useless as a guide to life or a guide to judging others [which you
shouldn't be doing anyway] because every effect has over a pentillion
distinct causes and every cause [such as an act or a failure to act
has at least a million tera-pentillion effects, most of them bad.

You managed to clear the whole thing up by simply pointing out that
the view of karma in question is actually bullshit (which I believe
the buddha pointed out some years ago,

Isn't some of this popular view of karma an imbedded fossil of Hinduism?