[Buddha-l] Course of Nature (1)

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Jun 11 11:27:54 MDT 2008

Hi Jim

"Time, you old gypsy man, will you not stay
Put up your caravan just for one day........."

Time to me is only perceived as from here to there, as moving,
because our normal reality framework decrees that we perceive
things as either static (unchanging) or changing--when I suspect
neither perception is accurate. Things must be moving or
unfolding constantly, but whether there is a telos in it beats
me.

How are things in the mountains? I imagine you are back at your
cabin by now---did you get any snow recently--the Cascades got
about 2-3 inches last night--
Was able to get rid of my lovely gold-stripe bamboo --put it on
craig's list--2 free plants if you dig and cart it off--got 10 or
more hits--first guy who contacted me came and got it
yesterday--it was the running kind so it had become more than I
could manage, to prevent it from invading neighbor's yard--sad to
see it go but a big relief not to have to continually dig up
roots.