[Buddha-l] Re: Sharon Stone and Karma

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Mon Jun 2 20:04:03 MDT 2008

Yes indeed, they are viewed as subject to the laws of karma.
Deities (the devas) occupying the most pleasurable heaven are
working off their good karma by being there. When it's exhausted
they will be reborn. Spirits are of all varieties--mostly demons,
hungry ghosts, etc. They are working off a lot of bad karma
accumulated  over many births. Or so it goes according to the
mythology.
Here are a few sources:
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/kn/pv/index.html
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sagga/index.html