[Buddha-l] A complaint about reality

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Jun 2 11:26:04 MDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 10:42 -0600, Jim Peavler wrote:
> I agree to agree with you. I think reality is an concept people
> develop because they don't know better. I got suspicious about reality
> back in high school when i discovered that everybody's reality differed.
>
> Particularly from mine.

Although in the depths of my heart I remain convinced that there is only
one reality and I'm the only one to know it, it is a conviction that
takes a great deal of work to maintain in the face of all the evidence
indicating that the conviction is a complete fantasy. Fortunately,
Buddhist practice is a wonderful tool for cultivating and maintaining
complete fantasy.

--
Brother Stiletto of Mindful Impatience