[Buddha-l] Linux as a buddhist practice

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Jul 24 10:06:06 MDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 01:53 +0600, Christopher Fynn wrote:

> <http://dzongkha.sourceforge.net/>

Thanks for the link. I don't know the conventions of transliterating
English into Tibetan script, but I am assuming a final "s" or "z" sound
is signalled by putting a "i" vowel sign above a final "s". So
"Windows", I am guessing, is transliterated as WIN DROSI and "Linux" as
LI NAGSI. And I gather the Tibetan for "website" is WEB SA (web earth).
I like that. For some time I was involved in a Unitarian environmental
group called Earthweb (SA'I WEB), but then I found an even better Quaker
environmental group called the Earthquakers.

Looks like I may have to add Dzong kha Linux to my collection of
impermanent and ultimately unsatisfying conditioned possessions. It is
obviously the OS of choice among Buddhists in the know.

--
Richard