[Buddha-l] Linux as a buddhist practice

bshmr bshmr at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 14:04:06 MDT 2008

Denizens,

NTYC (Not That You Care), I am enamored with Mandrivia 2008 and
surprisingly in its the Gnome flavor. It seems an excellent distibution
-- I installed and played with several recently.

For several years, a KDE and NovellSUSE/OpenSUSE man, though both ain't
what they used to be; now, the suffering and false comfort of permanence
is overwhelmed by the scrouge of anxiety and brain-bruising learning
curve that can accompany impermanence.

Anyway, I am moving 'stuff' to Evolution (the Gnome Email/Calendar
application); so, when I forget to 'Quit' or select 'Work Offline', I
can be irritated with a 'bonk' noise and 'Delivery Notice' poop-up <g>
-- part of AOL lore that I avoided until Curt and that other Richard
inflicted on me today.

BTW (By The Way), Firefox added logic to prevent Tabs from stomping
(looping) on themselves; I was falling back 3+ to 2.0.0.15 on my MS-XP
PC but this latest update looks worthwhile. ... AOL, also on the MS-XP
PC, is pushing 'new and improved' that I disagree is improved so more
culling there as I depend on third-party software. ...

To cap everything, somebody sent a graphic soft-porn solicitation. I
blame Lustuas, who would (I imagine) be retaliating for something I
posted elsewhere today.

Richard Basham