[Buddha-l] Energy

Kate Marshall marshallarts at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 5 16:53:59 MDT 2008

>.... I have a difficult time comprehending the "Word", as used here, as
> literally a spoken sound. It has to be some kind of truly transcendent
> essence or power that comprises spirit, and mind, and existence, and a
> host of other things that precede all things....<

Must admit, I saw "Word" as a mantra or seed syllabul, whether spoken out
aloud or not.

You mention "spirit, and mind, and existence."  These three are associated
with many Hindu gods and Buddhas/Bodhisattvas in the form of mantra
(spirit/breath/vibration/sacred chant), yantra/mandala (mind), and mudra
(existence - anthropomorphic images etc, which also allow for the display of
mudra). So perhaps a good argument could be made for "Word" being mantra.