[Buddha-l] Question about Chinese orthography

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Jul 3 14:49:55 MDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 13:19 -0700, Franz Metcalf wrote:

> I wonder what
> Richard and others assign when they teach introduction to Buddhism
> courses.

I haven't taught introduction to Buddhism for years, but when I did
teach it, I liked Peter Harvey's books, as did my students.

If anyone is interested in seeing how I have approached various other
courses in Buddhism, the course syllabi (that's pretentious academic
jargon for syllabuses) of all the courses I have taught at UNM can be
downloaded from http://www.unm.edu/~rhayes/teaching.html

Truth to tell, I'm thinking of writing a textbook on Buddhist
philosophy. A few already exist, but none has approached it in the way I
would like to see it approached.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy