[Buddha-l] Re: Maitreya statue discussion

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:12:11 MST 2008

Around 2001 I was offered the job of fund coordinator for the project in
Singapore,
which I promptly turned down. The reason is simple: why build such a big
statue
of the future Buddha when we are still in the time of the current Buddha
Gotama.
The present Buddha is good enough for me, so to speak.

Piya Tan

The Minding Centre
Singapore 650644
Website: dharmafarer.googlepages.com