FW: [Buddha-l] Re: Republicans are Happier?

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 24 14:30:27 MST 2008

jkirk schreef:
> Yes--they/we think too much. Prapanca is our curse.
> JK
>
> =========
>
> "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
> Ernest Hemingway ("The Garden of Eden", chapter 11) Curt Steinmetz __

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> 12:19 PM

I have always wondered if there is not a strong cultural bias. In
cultures where the sufferings of human existence are considered to be
obvious or calling oneself lucky is considered challenging the gods or
fate, there would be less respondents calling themselves happy than in a
culture where an unhappy person is considered a loser.

--

Erik

Info: www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
Weblog: http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950