[Buddha-l] Re: Republicans are Happier ?

Bill Kish wdkish81 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 11:11:36 MST 2008

Richard Hayes:
>Probably someone has, but it has not been discussed on buddha-l.
>Is there anything you'd like to say about it, Bill? It's an
>interesting study, and it is certainly worth talking about in
>the context of Buddhism, which has an interestingly obsessional
>relationship with dukkha.

Richard - I meant to respond to this much earlier, but every time I
tried to craft a reply I either couldn't collect my thoughts or was
interrupted.  Basically, I think the question that was posed to the
subjects of the study needs closer examination.   Why should
someone be counted as "happy" just because they say they are ?  I
think the possibility of deception (including self-deception) in
how this question gets answered is fairly high, high enough to make
the results a little less interesting than they might have been
otherwise.

---------
Bill Kish