[Buddha-l] Being in Love

[DPD Web] Shen Shi'an shian at kmspks.org
Tue Feb 19 18:23:18 MST 2008

Just found the sutta source that vaguely hinges on "romantic love":
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an04/an04.055.than.html
(It wasn't about a king and queen, but two householders)

[The Blessed One said:] "If both husband & wife want to see one another
not only in the present life but also in the life to come, they should
be in tune [with each other] in conviction, in tune in virtue, in tune
in generosity, and in tune in discernment. Then they will see one
another not only in the present life but also in the life to come."

Husband & wife, both of them
	having conviction,
	being responsive,
	being restrained,
	living by the Dhamma,
	addressing each other
	with loving words:
they benefit in manifold ways.
	To them comes bliss.
Their enemies are dejected
	when both are in tune in virtue.
Having followed the Dhamma here in this world,
	both in tune in precepts & practices,
they delight in the world of the devas,
enjoying the pleasures they desire.