[Buddha-l] Buddhist Channel

Gary Gach gary.gach at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 22:53:50 MST 2008

Well, to link in to an earlier thread ... I don't earn lucrative sums from
the Dharma ... but I do teach a class at continuing studies, and have
published two books, one of poetry, and one that's a massmarket guide ...
engaged in BuddhaDharma  ... as this is my chosen livelihood — in which i
lead a quiet life of cultured dignity, and voluntary simplicity — — which
hardly compares to writing screenplays or ghostwriting dialogue for
bestsellers —

anyways, enuf about me — but lingering on the thread a moment longer, i
received the following appeal in my email box tonight from malaysia ... and
am forwarding it exactly as it came, with the following comment —

in the interests of full disclosure, i must mention that i serve on the
international advisory panel for the channel, along with four gentlemen in
asia — and am thus aware there was a philanthropist in the picture who could
have endowed the project with much wealth had the channel decided to publish
news about pure land only — but instead the channel remains committed to
'one dharma,' — all schools —

at some point, the channel would like to engage regional editors and to pay
contributors for original content — mean while ...

... perhaps if anyone sees the merit of the channel i'm sure the publisher
would welcome any support from an academic establishment — a server? — or a
lead on a charitable foundation —  or any viable suggestion — —

questions? comments?

yrs,
Gary Gach
http://word.to