[Buddha-l] Being in Love

Bob Zeuschner rbzeuschner at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 18 12:42:07 MST 2008

I've been reading this topic with interest. I've thought about it myself
often, and I've tried to interpret Buddhism as affirming non-possessive
love, non-attached, non-egocentric love.
However, I'm not sure there are any canonical sources which truly assert
this.
My wife and I will celebrate our 40th anniversary this year, and if
Buddhism did not affirm those 40 years (which have been wonderful and
not-to-be-missed), then so much the worse for Buddhism.
Bob Zeuschner
Dept. of Philosophy