[Buddha-l] Prapanca

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 11:37:21 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/14/2008 11:35:46 A.M. Central Standard Time,
curt at cola.iges.org writes:

There is  an inescapable logical paradox in saying that the falling away
of  mindfulness is easily noticed. But this is more than just wordplay -
for  at least two reasons. First of all, becoming aware of unmindfulness
is the  very process of "waking up". Second of all, as Mumon once
observed, "To  always be alert and clear is to wear chains and an iron  yoke."
===
There is an awareness of unmindfulness when you once again become mindful
not during the mindfulness itself. It has been my experience that when in deep
meditation an experienced meditator can see a thought arise, see a pull from
either a satisfactory or unsatisfactory feeling, see thoughts proliferate and
unawareness creep in and then see a return back to the object of  meditation.

Does Mumon work for the illegal drug industry? Television industry? (Yes, I
know who was.)

jack

Awards. Go to AOL Music.