[Buddha-l] Re: The mess in America

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Feb 11 14:36:35 MST 2008

On Monday 11 February 2008 13:32, Jim Peavler wrote:

> Maybe I share some blame here, accusing you both of jeering or
> sneering or both, and threatening to snarl at you both if you didn't
> slow down a bit and begin to play nice.

There is nothing blameworthy going on here, so there is no blame to be shared.
This is just another one of those silly verbal games that crops up when one
person who sees everything as a dire threat meets with someone who refuses to
see anything as threatening. It is a trifling matter of different
perspectives about another one of those many things about which the old
Yogacara dictum "There is no truth to the matter" can be applied.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy