[Buddha-l] Re: The mess in America

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Feb 11 12:35:58 MST 2008

On Monday 11 February 2008 11:08, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> 4. This brought forth what appeared to me to be an irrational rant,
> accusing me of fantasizing the whole thing.

Read with care and try your best not to overinterpret what you read. What was
suggested was not that you were fantasizing "the whole thing" but that you
were mistaken about the tone of those who in the past have not always agreed
with you. You characterized the tone as jeering. I see no evidence of that. I
have seen people disagree with you, but never in a sneering, jeering or
dismissive way.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy