[Buddha-l] FW: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi dies

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 03:03:23 MST 2008

Sorry for the abrupt change of topic:

Does any know if any scholars have written on the origin or roots of the
"Brahma's
Invitation" story (V 1:7 etc). I remember some time back coming across a
journal
or book title on this.

I have read interesting articles on the possible sources of Ambattha of the
Ambattha
Sutta, that is, Svetaketu of the Upanishads. It is interesting to see how
the Buddha
and the early Buddhists revamp such ideas for their audience. And also
reminds us
of the true context of suttas when translating them.

With metta,

Piya Tan