[Buddha-l] Rich men, eyes of needles and modern gurus

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Feb 7 21:33:34 MST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 11:33 +0800, Piya Tan wrote:

> Sadly in Singapore, even the rich are neglected, left to their own
> devices

On behalf of the people of the United States of America, in the spirit
of Buddhist dana, I hereby give Singapore the gift of George W. Bush.
He'll look after your billionaires. If you're very nice to him, he'll
raise your military budget 70% over just seven years, or, if you're very
nice to him, he'll raise your military budget to $1,000,000,000,000 (one
trillion, as we call that number here in America, but in British
numerology I think it's one billion) as he has recently done here.
Billionaires, it seems, need a big army to protect their lucre.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy