[Buddha-l] The mess at Bodh Gaya

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Thu Feb 7 08:56:33 MST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 8:05 AM, jkirk wrote:

> Or, "it's never so dark as just before the bottom falls out."

I like this as an antidote to a lot of pollyannish things I keep
hearing some folks say about the current economy (which is holding my
retirement savings hostage by denying that they have any value anymore.
> Joanna
> =========================
> Guys,
>
> The shadow is darkest where the light is brightest.

I like this because it is so pollyannish that I hope that my
retirement savings may still have value someday, perhaps even before
I die,

If it weren't dark you couldn't see the stars.

If I were any brighter the sun wouldn't come up in the morning.

(Hint: the stars are a long long way off.)

Jim Peavler
jmp at peavler.org