[Buddha-l] Will this be on the final exam?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Dec 26 10:40:05 MST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 12:14 -0500, Jackhat1 at aol.com wrote:

> The answers to which questions on this exam would distinguish between a
> Thera. and Mahayana Buddhist?

I wish I knew. Every time I have taken it (about three times over the
past several years), I have had a considerably higher score on the
Theravada scale than on the Mahayana scale. That seems about right,
since I have quite a few reservations about some things in some forms of
Mahayana. That notwithstanding, I have never been able to identify the
specific questions that in Rupert Murdoch's mind would distinguish a
bicyclist from a passenger in The Grandiose Vehicle.

Richard