[Buddha-l] Will this be on the final exam?

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Wed Dec 24 08:01:42 MST 2008

Nothing good on telly on Christmas Eve, so I had a go:

1.      Theravada Buddhism (100%)
2.      Jainism (89%)
3.      Mahayana Buddhism (83%)
4.      Unitarian Universalism (75%)
5.      Hinduism (74%)
6.      Liberal Quakers (73%)
7.      Neo-Pagan (67%)
8.      Taoism (65%)
9.      Secular Humanism (57%)
10.     Orthodox Quaker (57%)
11.     Sikhism (56%)
12.     New Age (52%)
13.     Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (50%)
14.     Seventh Day Adventist (40%)
15.     Baha'i Faith (40%)
16.     Reform Judaism (36%)
17.     Nontheist (34%)
18.     Orthodox Judaism (28%)
19.     Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (27%)
20.     Islam (25%)
21.     Jehovah's Witness (24%)
22.     Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (22%)
23.     Scientology (20%)
24.     Eastern Orthodox (18%)
25.     Roman Catholic (18%)
26.     New Thought (16%)
27.     Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (15%)

I'm gutted that Theravada came higher than Mahayana. I may be in serious
breach of the Bodhisattva vows.  And it could be contrary to my Buddhist
refuge to assess my spiritual direction in this way.  I think a few more
prostrations are called for to expiate my sins.

A Merryana Christmas to all.

--
Metta
Mike Austin