[Buddha-l] FW: "The Demise of Buddhism in Asia"

Wong Weng Fai wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Sat Aug 30 02:26:48 MDT 2008

Not sure if I mentioned this before but... I know this South Korean friend
who told me that his church is preparing "bases" on both the South
Korean and Chinese side of the North Korean borders. Their aim - the
Christianization of North Korea - once the opportunity comes (and they are
convinced it will come soon). Apparently a lot of money has already been
gathered for plans to build schools, universities, hospitals and community
places in the North. Already most of the North Korean defectors were
promptly converted to Christianity because the churches actively help in
their escape and resettlement. After all, moving from worshipping Kim Il
Sung and Kim Jong Il to God does not need too big a change in mindset.

W.F. Wong