[Buddha-l] 'cross'-cousin

Katherine Masis twin_oceans at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 14:16:29 MDT 2008

Yes, of course.  I wasn't referring to the article, but to Richard's post about his very own "cross" cousin.  I was joking as well.  Thanks, anyway.

Katherine
-------------------------------
From: F.K. Lehman (F.K.L. Chit Hlaing)
Subject: 'cross'-cousin
To: twin_oceans at yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 1:09 PM

No. Cross, here, refers to a genealogical relationship where the
immediate linkage is between a pair of sibling of opposite sex ; so
cross siblings are brother/sister, an a cross-cousin is the child of
your mother's brother or of your father's sister. The correlative
term is 'parallel: parallel siblings are same sex siblings (sets of
brothers, sets of sisters), and one' parallel cousin is a child of
one's father's brother or mother's sister.
--
F. K. L. Chit Hlaing
Professor