[Buddha-l] Request for Suggestions of English Translations of Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta

charlie charku at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 17:15:13 MDT 2008

Hello my Buddha-I compatriots.

Request from a Lay buddhist practitioner:

Can some suggest an accurate English Translation of: *Dhammacakkappavattana
Sutta*?*

*My intent is to find the best representation of the teaching of the 4 Noble
truths...any suggestions or otherwise are appreciated.

A bit of background - I am of the kusali varjayana strain and am looking for
pure translations that reflect that "words of the buddha" rumored Pali
cannon type translations; but of course, being kusali, am open to all
suggestions.

May this email find all of you well, contented and happy.

Love,

Charlie Hodgin