[Buddha-l] guided meditation

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Mon Apr 28 11:47:01 MDT 2008

In a message dated 4/28/2008 10:42:57 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
curt at cola.iges.org writes:

(2) The  development of this practice as it is used in the West by
Buddhists (like  Tara Brach) today.

(3) The specific role, if any, of psychotherapeutic  ideas and practices
in the use of guided meditation by Westerners.  Especially I am
interested in to what extent Jung's concept of "active  imagination" may
have played an important role.
====
Curt,

My experience is that no Zen teachers use guided meditation. Many non-Zen
Mahayana teachers use guided meditation for beginning students. Almost all
vipassana teachers use guided meditation as part of the teacher process.

I don't see how active imagination has anything to do with Buddhist guided
meditation. What did you have in mind?

Jack

listings at AOL Autos.