[Buddha-l] Solidarity with Kushinagari Farmers

Jessica Marie Falcone jmf55 at cornell.edu
Sat Apr 26 11:08:27 MDT 2008

Greetings all,

There was a discussion recently on this list about the FPMT's Maitreya
Project and the controversy on the ground.  I spent several months in
Kushinagar doing dissertation research, and I continue to feel that the
Maitreya Project has abdicated their responsibility to the local people
whose land will soon be acquired.  A group of us have started a Friends of
the Kushinagari Farmers petition. Please at least take a look at it, and
sign it if you agree with that the Maitreya Project should be held
accountable for their (in)actions.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kushinagarsolidarity/

Please forward this petition to others!

Many thanks,