[Buddha-l] Tibet uprisings: staged violence?

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Tue Apr 1 10:34:13 MDT 2008

Like all good disinformation, this meme just keeps going:
http://english.ntdtv.com/?c=145&a=2492

The claims of the story are that (1) riots in Lhasa were "staged" by the
Chinese Communist Party, and (2) "British Intelligence" has confirmed this.

No evidence has been presented for either of these claims. None. They
are simply asserted. That is the main problem with the story. Starting
from there, one can then try to piece together who is behind this. If it
was real news, then one would expect real journalists and real media
organizations to be involved. Gordon Thomas is not a real journalist,
and the websites that have been promoting the story are either
right-wing propaganda outfits, or other people who naively accept the
claims of the story without checking to see if any evidence (whatsoever)
is provided (including misguided Buddhists and supporters of Tibetan
freedom).

Curt Steinmetz