[Buddha-l] Just a thought

Joy Vriens jvriens at free.fr
Thu Sep 27 23:33:48 MDT 2007

Eric

>All buddhists are apalled by the sight of peacefull monks and lay
>persons being shot and wounded by soldiers in Birma. China supports this
>regime secretely. China supports other dictorial regimes in Africa,
>because it doesn't want to interfere with internal affairs. It didn't
>have any problem however to interfere with the internal affairs of
>Tibet. China supported the Vietcong as well, which was an internal
>affair in Vietnam.
>Wouldn't it be a delightfull thought if all Buddhist would boycot the
>Olympic games in Bejing next year, because we would hate to interfere
>with Chinas internal affairs?

The thought had occurred to me too. As Joanna pointed out Burma is well armed and mainly armed by the Chinese. And it is clear that the Burmese army and arms are primarily meant to control its own citizens. They are not used to protect them, but to kill them.

Same thing goes for Russia, that doesn't want to interfere with Burmese internal affairs either.