[Buddha-l] Re: Gog and Magog

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 18 19:24:18 MDT 2007

> Arafat turned it down. A foolish move on the part of a stubborn man, to be
> sure. But one foolish move cannot be used to characterize some sixty years
of
> history,

If Arafat had only done that once... that was his pattern. As Abba Eben once
put it, Arafat never lost a chance to lose a chance.

But it is time to get back to our non-profound Buddhist squabbles. Feel like
talking about Dignaga? What would you say to the idea that for Dignaga a
pramana was basically something that made an artha available; that the
notion of pramana as "justification" and validation developed subsequently,
and was made a permanent fixture in the equation during Dharmakirti's day
(though that had been developing during Dharmapala's time)?

Dan