[Buddha-l] New film by Tibetans--'Milarepa' --my favorite yogi

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue Sep 18 09:31:28 MDT 2007

HYPERLINK
"http://milarepamovie.com/drupal-5.1/"http://milarepamovie.com/drupal-5.1/
HYPERLINK
"http://www.reel.com/movie.asp?MID=145712&buy=open&Tab=reviews&CID=13#tabs"h
ttp://www.reel.com/movie.asp?MID=145712&buy=open&Tab=reviews&CID=13#tabs

if a French filmmaker made this film, he'd include the famous scene where
Mila's sister admonishes him for living in his cave and meeting people stark
naked. The next time she went to see him, he had put little coverup cones on
his appendages--penis, fingers and toes. There must be many thangkas showing
this scene, but I did see one such at a thangka show in NYC promoting the
book, Wisdom & Compassion.
Charming sense of humor that yogi had.

Joanna Kirkpatrick

Checked by AVG Free Edition.