[Buddha-l] Best Buddha bio?

[DPD Web] Shen Shi'an shian at kmspks.org
Sun Oct 21 19:47:54 MDT 2007

Er... what's the (in)appropriate word... Osamu's "Buddha" series
seriously "sux". It's thoroughly disappointing, though he is still the
manga godfather. For a brief review on why, which even goes against
Robert Thurman's (unfortunate) praises for it on the book's promos, pls
see http://moonpointer.com/index.php?itemid=618&catid=26 (At the end of
the series, the Buddha yearns to be with Brahma!)

On a sidenote, here's a review of the sections on Buddhism in Hitchen's
"God is Not Great" -
http://moonpointer.com/index.php?itemid=1803&catid=29 Unlike Harris'
"The End of Faith" (review at
http://moonpointer.com/index.php?itemid=1737&catid=29 ), which has more
balanced views on religion, Hitchens seem all out against religion?