[Buddha-l] Loving your object of study

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 21 07:56:34 MST 2007

In a message dated 11/21/2007 1:30:07 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jvriens at free.fr writes:

‘Reverend Kotthita, there are these three persons . . . Of these three  he
who has won view seems to me the most excellent and choice. Why? Because,  sir,
in this one the faculty of insight is most developed.’ [The two words  here
are vijja (vision) and pannindriyam (not vipassana! Pannindriyam: The  faculty
of wisdom.)]

Joy,

Thanks for posting this. I read the above excerpt not to refer to
intellectual knowledge or scholarship but to insight which may have been gained  by aid
of conceptual knowledge or gained without any conceptual knowledge  at all.
How do you read it?

Jack