[Buddha-l] Loving your object of study

Ngawang Dorje rahula_80 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 04:22:21 MST 2007

Dear Professor,

  Once, you wrote in a discussion group:

  "Every time I teach my introductory course on
Buddhism, there are a dozen people who jump up and say "Isn't it
contradictory to desire to be without desire?" Even during the Buddha's
time people were posing this question. The Buddha gave a beautiful
answer in the Majjhima Nikaya."

  May I know which sutta were you referring to? Were you reffering to the Bhumia Sutta (MN 126)

  Thanks,
  Rahula