[Buddha-l] Western Buddhism

David Webster david.r.webster at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 02:29:32 MST 2007

I am under 50! Non-Buddhist.

It seems as though the generation of scholars that I was taught by at Uni -
or came across at conferences / writing (now, indeed, in their 50s) seemed
to be mostly practicing Buddhist.

Many of my generation (not quite yet 40...) who study Buddhism [here in the
UK at least] seem to be clearly self-defined as non-Buddhist..

What's that all about then?

d.

Dr David Webster
Course Leader: Religion, Philosophy & Ethics
University of Gloucestershire

01242 71 4778
e-mail: dwebster at glos.ac.uk

Course blog:  HYPERLINK "http://www.r-p-e.blogspot.com"