[Buddha-l] NYTimes.com: Let Us Pray for Wealth

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 01:55:00 MST 2007

Joy,

> That hagiographical "accounts" appear later can be for various reasons.

Agreed. If that is the sole basis for the argument, then it is shallow
indeed. However, as I said, I don't have the book referred to, so I don't
know what other evidence it offers for that conclusion. Dundas is a careful
scholar who usually exercises good judgement, so that he found it at least
somewhat convincing -- at least to not dismiss it out of hand, and adjust
his own dating to accord with it -- suggests there may be more there.

Don't know....

Dan