[Buddha-l] Religious Persecution [was: NYTimes.com: Let UsPrayforWealth]

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 00:03:30 MST 2007

Dan et al.,

Thank you for the correction on the Marranos/Conversos. I spelled the
name wrong, but the other error seems to be that I thought of the
Marranos as those who held true to their Jewish heritage, while the
Conversos I thought of as open converts. In any case--as with the
Japanese--things are never so simple as that. Still, I have such
respect for those who can hold so strongly to a tradition as to keep it
alive despite centuries of persecution. Seems to me that Christians
ought to maintain such respect, as well, but we all forget.

Franz