[Buddha-l] Let Us Pay for Health

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Nov 8 14:27:01 MST 2007

On Thursday 08 November 2007 13:24, Jim Peavler wrote:

> Which is why all of us good red-blooded Americans should be investing
> in China!

You betcha. I think this would be a good time to invest in a Chinese toy
manufacturer or a company that produces lead-based paint. That's the American
way.

> Sadly watching his 401Ks perish.

By some fluke, my pension funds are all in Canadian dollars. When I left
Canada, a CAN$ was worth about US$0.65. Now it's worth US$1.07. So just by
moving to the USA, the CAN$104.37 I had in my pension fund has dramatically
increased in value by about 43 cents. That should be enough to buy some
stocks in that Chinese leaded paint company.

I am acutely aware that this financial windfall has come about almost
exclusively as a result of carefully thought out Republican policies, so Dan
can add this item to the list of things I have praised Bush for.

--
Richard Pecunious Hayes