[Buddha-l] NYTimes.com: Let Us Pray for Wealth

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Tue Nov 6 15:50:40 MST 2007

Richard Hayes wrote:

> Human beings are human beings. No group of people has a monopoly on
> unwholesomeness, and no group of people has done, on a whole, much better
> than anyone else.

Richard is asserting that there is simply no reliable criterion for
distinguishing between religions. But, unfortunately, there is. It is
the "extirpation test". All religions other than Christianity and Islam
score a big fat "zero" on that test - which is the only passing grade.

I feel sorry for people who are unable to see religious persecution as
the aberration it truly is - and who blandly insist that it is somehow
just an inevitable part of being "human".

Curt Steinmetz