[Buddha-l] Shamatha book--clarification

Timothy Smith smith at wheelwrightassoc.com
Thu May 24 14:12:04 MDT 2007

Well said, Franz.  I have found Batchelor to be a valued companion on
my own path.  Not being a good 'believer' myself, I find
growth sustaining teachings that lean toward the agnostic more
palatable than those that insist on a 'way'.  It also helps that
I don't believe there is a 'there' there, but rather, as a buddhist
image of the lotus suggests, a continued unfolding.  The courage
to strive on without belief seems the greatest of all to me.

Timothy Smith
Wheelwright Associates
www.wheelwrightassoc.com