[Buddha-l] RE: Article of possible interest--correction

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Tue May 22 07:18:26 MDT 2007

L.S. Cousins schreef:
> This seems to me to be rather extraordinary cultural arrogance. How
> can a view which is so widespread in the world be simply dismissed as
> 'a very peculiar view of the world' ?
>
> Erik writes:
>> We have obviously a person here who has learned to read and to
>> listen, but never learned to think and has a very peculiar view of
>> the world. I wonder if Rche would be able to pass a highschoolexam.
>> Still he imposes his quotes of wholy book on the mass of believers.
>> Reminds me of some politicians and of course the Pope.
Good point, Lance, it would be nice if we could divide our life into semiotic compartments and hop from one
to another as we please. We live however in a world without semiotic walls which is ruled by science and common sense. How long would a Buddhism last that is contra science and common sense? Do people who hold on to such a Buddhism save the dharma or undermine it?

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
weblog http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950
products: http://stores.lulu.com/jehmsstudio