[Buddha-l] on karma

Wong Weng Fai wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Mon May 21 13:11:38 MDT 2007

> The same attitude can be found in Tibetan Buddhism.
>
> Extract from Thrangu Rinpoche's book King of Samadhi:

Again: we need to separate two things. First, the Rinpoche is trying to
encourage people to do good (albeit because one wants a better rebirth).
Second, no where did the Rinpoche said, "the starving child in Africa
therefore deserves it and we should write him off".

At best I find these examples distasteful but certainly not an example of
"believe in karma = do nothing about social injustice".

How things are is one thing. What you choose to do about it is another.

W.F. Wong