[Buddha-l] Victimized vegans?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue May 15 11:40:17 MDT 2007

This is hilarious! Thanks for a good laugh.

Joanna

============================

During my vegan days, a fellow Zen-practicing vegan friend and I got to

talking about plants. He had just read a book about the plant kingdom and
had

become convinced that plants are fully conscious and feel suffering as

animals do. I asked him how he could go on eating azuki beans and rice. His

reply was that plants actually want to be eaten. What causes them suffering

is being overlooked by a potential eater. Untestable hypotheses are an

indispensable tool for those who venture into obsession.

--

Richard P Hayes (the P is for Prapanca)

Department of Prapancosophy

10:47 AM