[Buddha-l] Victimized vegans?

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Fri May 11 06:54:00 MDT 2007

Wong Weng Fai schreef:

> Nah... India is a country of mostly vegans from time immemorial.
> Judging from the size of the population, they never seems to have baby
> death issues.
Well, if my memory serves me right vegetarianism came in vogue in India
at the time of Ashoka. The Buddha only prohibited monks to eat meat of
animals slaughtered only on behalf of them.
I must say I cannot find much sympathy fore those naïve kids who think
they can live without leaving a footprint. And the excuse that drinking
milk is stealing from a calf is just turning nature into private
property, which is stupid.

--

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms