[Buddha-l] Genetics

Joy Vriens joy at vrienstrad.com
Sat Mar 24 12:28:22 MDT 2007

Hi Eric,

>maybe this has come up before, but my memory  falls short. Has anyone
>ever seen Buddhist comments on the does and don'ts of genetic manipulation?

It would make a slightly anachronistic topic from a Buddhist point of view. But judging by the esoteric Buddhist's use of the idea of upaaya in achieving awakening (meditation, mantras, alchemistry, hathayoga, love, sex and rock and roll), I would be surprised they wouldn't make use of it when the gene of awakening will finally be isolated from the Buddha's tooth.

Joy