[Buddha-l] The Lost Tomb of Jesus

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 6 03:27:56 MST 2007

Wong Weng Fai schreef:

> OK... I'll cast the first stone... so what do folks think of the
> "archae-porn" shown last night on Discovery, i.e. The Lost Tomb of Jesus?
>
> Evidence vs faith etc...

I didn't see the show, but I've read about it. I think the most
interesting question is not whether this is really the tomb of Jesus and
his family, but the question where belief ends and science begins. If
Jesus' body was not burnt, he is buried somewhere, so his grave exists
and can be found, if not now then maybe later. The absurdity of
ascending to heaven in the flesh is practically out of the question. For
us in this sahaworld science defines what's true and what not. If
religion still deserves a place in public life it has to give up its
claim to truth. Then we can celebrate Ascension day beside Jesus tomb.

--

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
weblog http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950