[Buddha-l] Buddhism, the second largest religion in the world

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Mar 1 17:00:46 MST 2007

On Thursday 01 March 2007 15:39, Vicente Gonzalez wrote:

> I don't know what would happen if tomorrow a non-theist religion
> becomes the second largest in the world. I don't have idea.

A recent Pew Foundation survey finds that more than 60% of voters in the
United States say they would be unwilling to vote for presidential candidate
who does not believe in God. So if Buddhism is a non-theist religion, I
reckon we may have to wait a while for America's first Buddhist president.
(I'm glad I learned this before declaring my candidacy.)

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy