[Buddha-l] the 22 vows

Christopher Fynn cfynn at gmx.net
Sun Jun 17 06:08:52 MDT 2007

curt wrote:

> I don't know the full story - and I imagine there are multiple versions,
> but for whatever reason Ambedkar insisted on the rabidly anti-Hindu
> stance that today characterizes his wing of the movement.

Didn't Ambedekar convert to Buddhism only a few months before he was killed?

The Buddhist movement being carried on in his name does seem to be highly
political. I also wonder how much influence on this movement has come from Sri
Lanka where many Buddhists have their own differences with the (Tamil) Hindus.
There were formerly many monks from Sri Lanka in the Maha Bodhi Society of India.

- Chris