[Buddha-l] God is Emptiness?

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 9 12:34:59 MDT 2007

Thomas Oltman schreef:
> "If emptiness can motivate crusades, chose his own favourite people,
> manifest as a burning bush, write signs on a wall, make statues weep
> and tell old Abe to kill his son, then and only then it will qualify
> for the job."
>
> But Erik, all that and infinitely more has it done and does and will
> do.  It manifested as you, it can certainly manifest itself as a
> tribal god who thinks he is the only one.
>
> It's a very busy emptiness.
>
> TomOltman

OK Tom, you caught me redhanded here, I totally forgot the emptiness of Fazhang and his mates. You're right, this emptiness can do anything while doing nothing. This emptiness must be a Republican, it can bring peace while making war. Of course we knew that God was a republican too.

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
weblog http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950
products: http://stores.lulu.com/jehmsstudio