[Buddha-l] tovana = vipassana ?

Gary Gach gary.gach at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 11:23:36 MDT 2007

At Spirit Rock last Saturday, I met a person from Israel who's a member of
the Titmuss-led sangha.  If anyone has any questions or suchlike, on any
level, I can relay next week when we meet up again, face-to-face, and report
back.  When we spoke briefly, we touched upon the presence of Buddha's
teachings in ancient Israel, since Jerusalem as a great world-center was
crossroads to a diversity of cultures and views.

For those interested, there's a website for an Interfaith Encounter
Association: <http://www.interfaith-encounter.org>
www.interfaith-encounter.org .  Reportage from diaoglue meetings can be
overbrief at times, but some contain fruitful points of interchange.

I can't remember how many times already the topic of Jews and Buddhism has
arisen (merit to anyone who might refresh this fluctuating memory as to
dates, and or subject-headers, that I might look up in archives).     My
rabbi wants me to write a book for his publisher on topic, and one day I
just might, as another entry into the arena of much-needed dialogue ... (...
the other day he and I were discussing parallels betwen ayn sof and
sunyata... and (not necessarily related) how the addition of vowels to
Hebrew can
be attributed as an Arabic influence ... ) ...

with peaceful greetings,
Gary Gach